Monday, July 1, 2013

You Look Like Rain

"I can tell you taste like sky because you look like rain."  ~~~Morphine

She was ridden hard, and put away wet.
Carnal pleasures, the fist after the kiss,
Riding waves, intense and in the zen zone.

We start the process of bonding
wedding the spirit and body and soul
learning about each other.

I pour my self inside of her.
I am swollen turbidity
Master of girth.

Time disappears when we are together. 
We live in the moment
with each crash, body to body.

Sweat-slicked and penetrated,
the marathon comes to a close.
All that is left is clean-up on aisle one.

She steps into the shower,
reluctant to wash away the musky smell
of sex, blood and magic.

The pulsing warm water jets
down her back
down the drain go the remnants of last night's tryst.

I was not living 
before she came.
I was simply existing.

She has turned my life right-side up.
I cannot imagine living without her.
It is my turn to join her in the shower.

We slow dance in the warm waves of water.
Body to body, mouth to warm mouth.
Hands exploring.

Rather than continue the marathon,
we take our time with the soap and washcloth;
purity of body, purity of soul.

I no longer simply survive each day.
I wake up with anticipation 
of another joyous experience.

We get one more day together. 
And then another, 
and another.

She is everything to me
my reason for being
my reason for life.

We are no longer individuals.
We are two souls intertwined,
not sure where one begins and the other ends.

We walk the path together,
side-by-side,
as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment