Monday, July 1, 2013

21 Questions with Zen Daddy T

Please explain what just happened.
I am not sure, the cats were playing with it when I walked in. Is it dead?

What is your earliest memory?
My mother reading a book to me, when my dad was stationed in Viet Nam.

If you weren’t an artist, what profession would you choose?
Politician---except I wouldn’t sell my soul to the highest bidder. I wouldn’t last very long, so I would be living on the sreets again soon.

Please describe the current contents of your refrigerator.
Crusty bread, sugar-free jello, and milk. I am a bachelor, so if it doesn’t come from the drive-thru window or out of the microwave, I don’t eat it.

What verb best describes you?
Burn.

What would you say to yourself if you could go back in time and have a conversation with yourself at age thirteen?
I would tell myself to not give up and go along with the herd mentality. There were a helluva lot of things they didn’t tell me when I signed on with this outfit, but I have not compromised myself yet!

What are the steps you take to regain your composure?
Breathe…and imagine them naked and fornicating. I think fornicating is the answer to every problem we face. If everyone were getting laid, the world would be a better place.

Define “success”.
Not compromising yourself in the face of adversity. I came up with this catchy little phrase over coffee, cigarettes and facebook this morning:
"Be authentic and pure in all that you do; the consequences are not great, when your aim is true...."

From what or whom do you derive your greatest inspiration?
I have a stable of Muses to give me inspiration, from which to derive inspiration for my art, but the true inspiration for my writing is Hope. Hope in a better tomorrow, with a dash of snarkiness. That is what inspires me.

What change do you want to be in the world?
I know that my work will be lost in the translation, but I would like to make things easier for those who have mental health issues, to let them know there is Hope. Some people have real problems---I am just crazy and lazy!

Are you pro- or anti-emoticon? Please explain.
Anti-. Hey, I am all for brevity, but the whole emoticon issue is too cutesy for me.

How are you six degrees from Kevin Bacon?
I haven’t a clue…we both like pork?

What makes you feel most guilty?
The fact that I have lost everything I held most dear to my manic antics. Who I am is all I have left.  It is okay when I am depressed, I just take to the bed and leave everyone alone. When I get manic, I tend to get cacophonistic and get into peoples’ faces. I can be so outrĂ© sometimes. I have hurt the ones I love the most, and have paid the price.

Please list three things you never leave home without.
1. Keys, for one, because I have to drive everywhere
2. Cigarettes. I must have cigarettes.
3. My MacBook Pro. My whole life is on there. From my music and my art, to my schedule and social connectedness. I love connecting to the internet for free in public places. I feel like such a rebel..

What is the worst piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
I do not dwell on “worst” issues. Not me. The BEST advice I ever got was from my father, when a friend unintentionally committed suicide. He gave me five words---“Be safe and be strong.” That has become my mantra.

What is the best advice you’ve ever given to someone else?
That there is hope to be found, in every situation, that is my best advice, especially to those with mental health issues. That shines through in everything I do, from my art to my poems, from my work as an advocate for mental health issues to my stand-up comedy routine.

What do you consider the harshest kind of betrayal?
Turning one’s child against a parent. I am not some kinda scary monster. A maniac, yes, but I am no demon. This I have experienced first hand, and it hurts. I finally had to move, just to live my life.

Of all the game shows that have graced our TV screens throughout history, which one would you want to be a contestant on and why?
Jeopardy, because I am such a snob and so shallow. I know a lot of random facts due to my love of knowledge. I would kick your ass!

What do you want to know?
Why? Do you have the answers? I want to find out for myself, first-hand.

What would you like your Last Words to be?
“FUCK!!!”

Please explain what will happen.
There will be dancing and feasting in Jeruselum next year. That is all I know. I am gonna make it, through this year, if it kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment